Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" OS X 10.6.4 / 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i3 / 4 GB 13333 MHz DDR3
OK, thanks a lot.

OP
MontanaMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" OS X 10.6.4 / 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i3 / 4 GB 13333 MHz DDR3
OK, well after extensive discussion with an awesome gal at Apple named Susan, here is a very easy viable solution.

If you keep the ATV in the "Never" Sleep Mode it won't really hurt anything except using your home network bandwidth. But sometimes the cache folder in the ATV gets "clogged" (her phrase not mine) and a quick reset of the remote should clear it and IF that doesn't work, then the easiest thing to do is go into iTunes, go to Advanced, turn OFF Home Sharing, then turn it right back on, verifying of course that on the ATV it actually disconnected from Home Sharing. And voila, its all back and working fine. She said that Apple recommends using the Home Sharing on/off feature versus a hard reset to the ATV and makes sense to me.

I have now done this to all 3 ATV's and they are all back to working perfectly while streaming MY photos and not those silly animals and all my movies are there and it all just works.

I hope this helps someone else too.
You don't use bandwidth unless you're downloading or uploading. The scren saver doesn't use band width.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.