Looking for iTouch 4G video caputre app

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone6s, Mini Server (2011), MBP 15inch i7(2013) Retina, iPad Pro
I'm a newbie to the world of iTouch and want a vet to recommend a video capture app for the iTouch 4G. I'm looking for something that records in HD preferably 1080p.

I have the 64Gb iTouch and looking for an app that I can record movies, post on YouTube...etc.

Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm a little confused. When you say "video capture app", are you looking to record video with the on-board camera, or an external source?

The on-board camera can record video using the built in Camera app (just flip it over to video from the default still setting). It will record videos in 720P (the max resolution for the camera), but it won't post directly to YouTube. I'm sure there's something out there that will do that, but will have to defer to the other members here.

OP
RattlerMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone6s, Mini Server (2011), MBP 15inch i7(2013) Retina, iPad Pro
I want to record video using the on board camera. Sorry for the confusion, I'm a newbie to apple and going by one of the taking points for Apple...'...there's an app for that...'

I am wondering if there is an app for the camera in the app store better than the app that comes with the camera?

C

chas_m

Yes and no.

That is to say, yes there are apps in the App Store that might be able to do things (like directly upload to YouTube) that you say you want to do. But no, there's no app that will magically turn your 720p video camera into a 1080p video camera.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.