USB Wirless Adapter

Reaction score
Hi

I've just upgraded from Tiger to Leopard 10.5.8 on my iBook G4 PPC 1.33GHz 1GB. Only so i could update my iPhone in iTunes 10.

On Tiger i used my LM Technologies Nano Wireless Adapter to connect wireless to the internet as the wireless card in my laptop is bust. I never had a problem before upgrading.

This is the wireless adapter i'm using: http://www.lmtechnologies.com/business/adapters/LM006_WiFi_USB_Nano_Adapter_N/

I've downloaded the Realtek Driver from their site and installed. I get a connection 100% for about 10 seconds then it disconnects and reconnects again, constantly.

I don't know if i have the correct settings and i'm stuck if anyone can help???

Kind regards
Raff

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Just curious. The G4 iBook 1.33ghz came with built-in Airport...how come you're not using the built-in wireless. Not working?

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi

Yeah it's bust and on this model it's welded to the motherboard so the cost of replacement was unjustifiable on a laptop this age. I've used the adapter with this laptop all over the UK with strong signal and no problems.

Just since i've upgraded to Leopard i can't seem to get the settings correct???

Puzzled how it just keeps disconnecting. If i remember correctly it did this on Tiger when i first installed the USB but i can't remember what i did to correct it. I not an expert as you can tell.

Regards
Raff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Install the driver from the CD, go into System preferences > Network > and hit the little '+' button and see if anything is listed there. Then set up following manual instructions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.