USB Keyboard isn't recognized

Reaction score
Long story short -- I needed to use my wireless keyboard and mouse while I was setting up my edit suite in my new office.

Instead of bringing it everyday to work -- I want to rehook up my USB final cut keyboard and mouse.

The problem is -- now the mac will only recognize my bluetooth keyboard and mouse and won't recognize the USB ones.

I obviously can't turn bluetooth off while using the wireless devices. Anyone know the trick?

Im sure it's something simple that I just can't figure out.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why can't you turn off Blue Tooth if all you have using it is the keyboard and mouse? BT has nothing to do with wireless reception for Airport if that's what you're referring to. Your Airport wireless will continue to work whether or not BT is active.

OP
G
Reaction score
The mac itself won't let me turn the bluetooth off. The keyboard and mouse run on bluetooth.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Go to System Preferences, Blue Tooth. If it won't allow you to remove the check from "On", try removing the check from the "Discoverable" box. Then shut down the computer. Turn off the BT keyboard and mouse (or remove the batteries) and attach your USB keyboard and mouse and reboot. What happens?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.