Open Firmware Password

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to reset the firmware password or remove the firmware protection on mac book pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Is it your bought and paid for computer?

OP
F
Reaction score
Yes

Is it your bought and paid for computer?

I purchased it from Steven which I have contacted and he stated the password is password but doesn't work. Pretty cool how it works because I thought putting a password on a computer is point less when the thief can just re-install the os but most thieves probably just sell them for cash

Any way to remove the password so that I can install the OS the old hard drive crashed which I have install a new hard drive but can boot from CD due to the firm password protection

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Follow the instructions in this article. LINK The instructions work for most MacBooks and MacBook Pro machines built prior to the last 2010 models. If you have anything newer than that, you'll have to take it to Apple.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks

Follow the instructions in this article. LINK The instructions work for most MacBooks and MacBook Pro machines built prior to the last 2010 models. If you have anything newer than that, you'll have to take it to Apple.

Thanks for your Help - Laptop is up and running

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.