Macbook Newbie

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm switching to Mac from Windows. I have got used Macbook White (Apple - MacBook - White polycarbonate 13-inch MacBook) and its charger only.

Now the things are installed and running fine, however my question is what if something goes wrong? Means in Windows we have installation DVDs so that we can do fresh installation. Whereas in Mac what is the procedure? As currently I do not have any DVD to install fresh copy. If I need Installation DVD then how can I get one?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
You will need to get a copy of the OS CDs. If you can contact the person who sold you the Mac, they should be able to provide them. If not, you will probably need to buy a copy from Apple.

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks Brad, well I'm afraid the person does not have the OS CDs. Can you please guide my little more that how can I buy the copy from Apple? What information should I need to provide Apple in order to get Copy? Secondly how much would it charge?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo - eMac 1.42 GHz (RIP) - iMac G3 400 MHz - iPad 2 16GB
OS X Snow Leopard is $29.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.