• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Netflix CEO: Apple TV Is More Important For Us

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Makes sense, people want to watch TV shows and movies on their big screen TVs and the AppleTV provides a cheap and very intuitive way to access Netflix on their TV.

If I didn't already have an HTPC hooked up to my TV, you can bet I would have bought an AppleTV long ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 2010 13 inch
i love my apple TV. well worth the 99 bucks IMO

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Most newer HDTVs today come with Netflix "app" installed. Mine did. Netflix, Pandora, CinemaNow, amazon video on demand, napster, and facebook. You know TV makers are just going to keep adding more and more functionality like this to their products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 2010 13 inch
Most newer HDTVs today come with Netflix "app" installed. Mine did. Netflix, Pandora, CinemaNow, amazon video on demand, napster, and facebook. You know TV makers are just going to keep adding more and more functionality like this to their products.

True, but I like idea of being able to move the apple tv to the kids room for sleepovers, taking it on vacation, etc. It's so portable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
True, but I like idea of being able to move the apple tv to the kids room for sleepovers, taking it on vacation, etc. It's so portable.

I'm sure it's very convenient. I wasn't putting the Apple TV down or anything.

I'm just saying that in the future as more and more TVs come pre-installed with Netflix (and other similar features) all you will need is an account. Imagine going on vacation and the TV in your hotel room has Netflix. You sign on via the TV remote control and view whatever is in your instant que. No box or Apple device to bring with you. I know we're not there yet but it's only a matter of time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.