Mac Mini Ram

Reaction score
Hi All,
i hav a mac mini and a Mac mini aluminum, i really need to upgrade the RAM for these two systems, my dilemma though is, i dont knw exactly which ram chips to purchase.
Im wondering, do these systems have the same ram chips like Laptops or they are special and customised for Mac pcs?
All help is really appreciated.
thx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2011 17 sandybridge
Hi you need laptop ram, if you go on to the crucial or kingston website, they have a tool that will scan your machine and tell you the exact ram you need to buy. They are both far cheeper than buying from apple.

Regards

Geraint

OP
N
Reaction score
Hi you need laptop ram, if you go on to the crucial or kingston website, they have a tool that will scan your machine and tell you the exact ram you need to buy. They are both far cheeper than buying from apple.

Regards

Geraint

Thx budie. let me check it out. will let you know what happens.
Thx alot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 2010 13 inch
i put the 4 gb ram out of my 2010 MB pro in my 2010 mac mini and it works fine but only runs at 1066 mHz which is max for the mini.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.