mac book pro 13'' snow leopard install fail

Reaction score
okay well a couple of days a go my mac went under a lot of lag so much it was hard to do anything on my mac so I did many things on here and many other websites to try and fix it still no luck so i decided to reformat my hdd making it fresh again so I did this and with the snow leopard install disk that was given to me with the macbook pro ( along with the app disk ) I tried to install it at the start it goes well and looks to be fine but about 10 - 20 mins into the install an alert comes up saying that it could not install properly and to restart I restarted and still it does this i have re tried about 30 times wishing for a different result and yet nothing has happened yet if any one knows why this is happening and can fix it please help me

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do this:

Boot the MBP with the Snow Leopard install DVD that came with the machine. Make sure it's the one that came with your machine and not from another Mac. After the MBP boots from the DVD, select Utilities from the top menu and then select Disk Utility. Highlight your hard drive on the left side and then run Verify and Repair. Post back the results.

One more hint for you: When posting, use proper sentence structure and punctuation so that the folks here will read your question. Your post has no periods - just a continuous parade of words. Very hard to read. Most folks will skip over it. Thanks.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I can not try to verify my hard drive because it has been wiped and will not allow me to verify it. The disk i am using to install snow leopard is the one that came with my mac book pro.

OP
P
Reaction score
OK on my earlier post I wrote that i could not repair the disk permissions. But I was wrong i went back and I could verify them. The computer said that it was OK so I am going to re try installing again and post back what happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.