Error message: "You have to run the 64-bit version of DPInst.exe on this machine..."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook; Mac OS X version 10.6; Processor: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Hi,

I'm totally new to bootcamp and drivers in general so please be gentle :Smirk:

I installed windows 7 64-bit on my mac and I'm having the following issues:
No sound
No wireless internet
No right click functionality on the trackpad
CD Eject button does not work

All these features work perfectly well on the Mac operating system side. I'm guessing this is a driver issue. If it's not please let me know.

I tried installing some drivers from the Snow Lepoard CD that came with my mac and I get the following error message:

"You have to run the 64-bit version of DPInst.exe on this machine. Contact the vendor that provided you this pacakge"

HELP!!! Any and all advice is appreciated. Please explain your answers in detail and simple terms. I'm a big newbie!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to thr forums.

Helps if you tell us about your machine. Only very late model Macs run 64 bit and then you use the 64 bit Windows install DVD. For example my Mac Pro is 32 bit and must run 32 bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Were you given the option of creating a driver CD when you ran through the bootcamp wizard?

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook; Mac OS X version 10.6; Processor: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
As far as I recall, I was not give then option for a driver CD
---------------------
MacBook Specs
Mac OS X version 10.6
Processor: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Run the wizard again. If you have all the latest updates installed you should be given the option of creating a driver disc/USB key

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I assume you mean run the wizard on the Mac OSX CD from windows-

When I run the CD from windows I am given two options: "Remote install Mac OS X" or "DVD or CD Sharing" neither is getting me to an option of installing drivers on windows.

any advice?

Based on my original error message: ""You have to run the 64-bit version of DPInst.exe on this machine. Contact the vendor that provided you this pacakge"

I think I need the 64-bit drivers and the drivers on Mac OSX CD that came with my macBook are not the 64 bit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, run the bootcamp assistant in OSX again to create the driver disc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.