Ibooks question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
Is there a way to transfer my kindle books to the Ibook "shelf"? When I first bought my Ipad2 I purchased a couple of books and aside from being on the kindle site they also landed on my Ibooks shelf. Now they have disapeared off of the shelf. Is this strictly for Ibooks only?

Reaction score
I am far from totally knowledgable on this, but I have bought ebooks from iBooks, Kindle and Kobo. The kindle books only show up in my kindle app, iBooks in the iBooks app and kobo books in kobo app.

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
Makes sense to me. Thanks.

C

chas_m

MacLicous is correct. Each app is proprietary to itself, so the short answer is no (with the exception of any non-protected PDFs or ePubs you might be able to get from any of those apps; those should be theoretically transferable).

You can have all your ebooks on the same device, but not all in the same app if you buy ebooks from different stores.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.