• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iOS 5 To Feature Direct Twitter Integration?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I couldn't care less about Twitter integration, but I do want Facebook integration.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That would be nice. Social media integration is one of the big reasons I've been looking into switching to WP7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Personally I think deep social integration is a bad move and waste of resources. There are enough apps out there that make social interaction easy and with the social landscape changing so quickly, why deeply integrate directly into the OS? Twitter and Facebook could be old news two years from now and there could be a new hot thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 2010 13 inch
Im sorry i just don't see Facebook being a has been in 2 years with everyones parents even using it. lol unless of course Zucker open hand slaps Jobs or something along that line

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Im sorry i just don't see Facebook being a has been in 2 years with everyones parents even using it. lol unless of course Zucker open hand slaps Jobs or something along that line

Actually, you never know. Trending is already down for Facebook use amongst those under 35. They all may have an account, but the usage is very sporadic compared to the previous years.

Anecdotal information doesn't really give a good picture until you look at the actual data.

The point is, why should Apple waste time deeply integrating services that in constant flux?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 2010 13 inch
True...true. Maybe they could put a switch in the settings that you could pick which site you want to send media to??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Actually, you never know. Trending is already down for Facebook use amongst those under 35. They all may have an account, but the usage is very sporadic compared to the previous years.

Anecdotal information doesn't really give a good picture until you look at the actual data.

The point is, why should Apple waste time deeply integrating services that in constant flux?

I think the notion of social media integration in general is definitely a great step forward. Apple and other companies simply need to set the framework for such integration as opposed to focusing on just a handful of services. This way, social media sites can use that framework to integrate their services into the devices. Since the framework won't be tied to any single service, this integration will be very dynamic and evolve with the fast pace of the Internet. One day you'll have deep Facebook integration, next month you'll have whatever the next big thing is, simply by installing and uninstalling apps or by flipping some settings. Also, this way the more obscure services will have the opportunity to see integration instead of just the big name, Apple/Google/Microsoft approved services.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I think the notion of social media integration in general is definitely a great step forward. Apple and other companies simply need to set the framework for such integration as opposed to focusing on just a handful of services. This way, social media sites can use that framework to integrate their services into the devices. Since the framework won't be tied to any single service, this integration will be very dynamic and evolve with the fast pace of the Internet. One day you'll have deep Facebook integration, next month you'll have whatever the next big thing is, simply by installing and uninstalling apps or by flipping some settings. Also, this way the more obscure services will have the opportunity to see integration instead of just the big name, Apple/Google/Microsoft approved services.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.