overheating problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook pro 13" 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo 8GB RAM 750 GB HDD
Hi,

For the last week, id say ever since I installed my new harddrive, by macbook pro 13in mid 2009 is been getting really hot. Usually whenever I play Minecraft, Portal2, or do some video editing, it will get hot and I can hear the fans turn on, but it usually takes 10-15 minutes. Ever since I got this new drive it has been shorter, within 5 minutes. But the computer is only hot in the upper left hand corner by the power input and the little microphone holes. I'm guessing it is the CPU, I have no idea though. But its on the complete opposite side of the computer. Does a harddrive affect heat? its a 750gb seagate 7200rpm drive. But its on the complete opposite side, which i don't understand.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Could be you need to reset the SMC. HOW TO

Reaction score
You could try resettings the SMC but the major problem is that the airflow is just crap. There is no way to fix this it will always get hot when doing Heavy CPU/GPU related stuff.
Maybe it's the weather ? Here in Holland it was like 30 C and that made my system 10 C more then when it was 20 C.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.