itunes 5 sharing between users prob

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the latest version of itunes on my 12inch g4 powerbook and noticed that the sharing option is not working anymore. I run two users on my computer (one for work stuff and one for personal) and i was able to view and play both libraries of music. I have all the sharing options selected but only the one users library of music is showing up.

Does anyone have a solution to this annoying problem? A majority of my library is on my personal acct but i love to use it whilst i'm at work.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
For the method of sharing you are describing both users have to be logged on and both need to have iTunes open.

If you want to be able to have access to both libraries you should put one of the libraries into a shared directory, set iTunes in both accounts to access it from their, and add the other library while logged in under the other account

OP
D
Reaction score
trpnmonkey41 said:
For the method of sharing you are describing both users have to be logged on and both need to have iTunes open.

If you want to be able to have access to both libraries you should put one of the libraries into a shared directory, set iTunes in both accounts to access it from their, and add the other library while logged in under the other account

Thanks, you were right about both users being logged in and having itunes switched on, i was aware of that and was wondering why i couldnt now find my itunes shared music. I'll try the 'shared' folder option.

So my next question is, why has this problem arisen since upgrading itunes to version 5? My itunes music didnt need to be in a 'shared' file before so why has it changed?

Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Nothing has changed, you have needed to have iTunes running to see the iTunes Shared Libraries since sharing was created. Without iTunes turned on the other iTunes running can't find the library

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.