Battery not recognized

Reaction score
Early 2008 Macbook had spill. Cleaned and works well on power adapter, but black x thru Battery icon. Green light on power adapter. I notice small black marks on female battery connection holes on logic board. I cleaned and still no battery recognized. Is there a way to test this logic board battery connection?

Reaction score
This happened to me about a year ago, without the spill. I sent my mac into myservice and they fixed that problem at the same time they replaced my LED screen free of charge [I paid for the screen but not for the logic board]. I'm pretty sure they just replaced the logic board. I'm not very good with technical stuff but that's what I did when the battery wasn't recognized. [And I had the battery replaced twice through mac before I did that... just replace the logic board. Saves a lot of trouble.]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.26 13" (Uni/Late 09) 8GB RAM 120GB SSD Boot up 500 GB 7200RPM HDD
Not sure if it will tell you much but you could try looking in system profiler and see what it says about your battery.
Apple logo/About this Mac/More info/power

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Spill damage is unpredictable and can cause havoc just about anywhere on the machine. Obviously your MacBook is out of warranty. Changing or repairing the logic board would cost more than the machine is worth. Please read our "Spills Sticky" here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.