How much is my iMac worth?

Reaction score
I am considering selling my iMac, only considering.

I just wanted a rough estimate as to how much it is worth? I am only considering selling due to the fact I am moving in with my boyfriend who already have a Dell XPS desktop and we don't need two desktop PC's. Therefore, I am thinking of selling my iMac and getting a Macbook.

Anyway, specs below;

iMac 9.1 - Purchased around June 2009
Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed - 2.66 GHz
Memory - 4GB
24" Screen
Applecare until June 2012

Any help much appreciated!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Check e-Bay & Mac2Sell.net

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Have done, it seems to be around £500 - £600 but I haven't found any with Applecare. Does that add to the value?

Hard to say. My feeling is if I have the choice between two exact same computers (one with Applecare & one without)...I'll of course pick the one with Applecare (assuming the price is the same on both).

I guess I would be willing to pay a little extra for a used computer with Applecare (maybe $50US)...but not much more. If it was more than that...I would probably buy the computer without the Applecare. But everyone's different.:)

Remembering that Applecare only covers manufacturing defects...not accidental damage...so it's coverage is limited. It would also depend on how much Applecare remains (1 month or 1 year for example).

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.