Harddrive

Reaction score
Hi
I have two questions how do I find out what is on my Harddrive? I am trying to find some information but I would like it in plain English. Also if I take my Mac to someone to help me with some problems he told me he will make a back up of my Harddrive first. How do I know he is not retrieving some sensitive info of mine?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Question 1 - what secret stuff on your hard drive do you not already know about

Question 2: He's just being cautious before doing any wok on the drive, and you have just got to ask yourself do you trust the person

OP
S
Reaction score
I am looking for text message files. Can the person access my banking and other business stuff?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're referring to things like credit card numbers and other personal information, yes, if they're on your hard drive in plain text anyone can read them. Which is a very strong reason why you should never store sensitive and personal information in plain readable text on your computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.