• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple iWork Now Available For iPhone & iPod touch Users

Reaction score
Apple iWork Now Available For iPhone & iPod touch Users

CUPERTINO, Californiaâ??May 31, 2011â??Apple today announced that its groundbreaking iWork productivity apps, Keynote, Pages and Numbers, are now available for iPhone and iPod touch, as well as iPad. Created for the Mac and then completely redesigned for iOS and Appleâ??s revolutionary Multi-Touch interface, Keynote, Pages and Numbers allow you to create and share stunning presentations, beautifully formatted documents and powerful spreadsheets on the go. iWork apps are available on the App Store for $9.99 each to new users and as a free update for existing iWork for iPad customers.

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
That's pretty cool

That should worry Microsoft unless they have some sort of Office apps ready for Windows Phone 7

Reaction score
I don't think Apple would actually want people to start typing documents in Pages on an iPhone. The iPad is a bit more practical, but not ideal for long bouts of data entry, either. How about that MBA with an ARM ? Could that be running iOS then, instead of the MacOS ARM port ?

Pure speculation, of course, but that's the fun of it all :)

Peter.

Reaction score
Actually...

That should worry Microsoft unless they have some sort of Office apps ready for Windows Phone 7
Microsoft already has a mobile version of Office for WP7, built-in for free:

Microsoft Office | Microsoft Office Mobile | Get Started with Windows Phone 7

Granted, it's not got all the functionality of the PC or Mac versions, but it'll do for most things you'd need on the go - and, don't flame me for daring to say something non-critical about Microsoft, I'm just answering a point :p

Besides, I still want an iPhone rather than a generic smartphone running WP7 ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I just wish they'd get around to updating the desktop apps. iWork seriously needs some TLC for it to have any chance with competing with MS Office for regular use.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I just wish they'd get around to updating the desktop apps. iWork seriously needs some TLC for it to have any chance with competing with MS Office for regular use.

I agree.... particularly Numbers. It's a passable spreadsheet application, but it pales in comparison to Excel.

And while they're at it, why not develop something that is compatible with MS Access files? I know not everyone needs to build databases routinely, but with no real alternative to Access on the market for Mac this is definitely a gaping hole IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I agree.... particularly Numbers. It's a passable spreadsheet application, but it pales in comparison to Excel.

And while they're at it, why not develop something that is compatible with MS Access files? I know not everyone needs to build databases routinely, but with no real alternative to Access on the market for Mac this is definitely a gaping hole IMO.

Isn't FileMaker compatible with Access?

I actually hate Pages the most right now. As a word processor it's barely more passable than using Text Edit.

For page layout it's better, but anyone serious about that isn't using Pages, they're using In Design or something similar.

Apple just needs to focus on making it a better word processor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I don't think Apple would actually want people to start typing documents in Pages on an iPhone. The iPad is a bit more practical, but not ideal for long bouts of data entry, either.

You sure about that? Have you ever used it? I wrote a 10 & 1/2 page paper on it, and still had more than 40% battery life! It is more than capable of doing anything on a typing document. Transferring images into it might not be as easy, but it can still do it.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
You sure about that? I wrote a 10 & 1/2 page paper on it,....

Impressive. Did you use a keyboard accessory? I would have a broken iPad long before I got to 10 pages. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.