Mac mini SMC F/Ware update not sticking

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I have had this problem for a while and, whilst it doesn't cause any real issues, is annoying.

The "Software Update" application tells me that I have new software available, and so I check the details. Software is listed for install, and so I make sure that they are all checked for install, and click the "Install # Item(s)" button. It goes through the rigmarole of installing software and restarting the computer. Then a day later the software updater pops up telling me I have new software available. Apparently, the update:
Mac mini SMC Firmware Update (Version 1.0) (Size 819 KB)
still has not been installed.
With annoyance, I try again, and let the mac do its thing, but yet again it has not stuck.

I thought it may just have been a one time error, but I have fresh-installed the OS a couple of times now (unrelated) and have noticed that it is still occurring. My only guess is that there is some sort of hardware problem (although I won't swap out hardware for a problem so small). I just wish I could only be told about software updates that I haven't been trying to install regularly.

My system details:
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini1,1
1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo (1 processor, 2 cores)
2MB L2
1GB RAM
667 MHz Bus Speed
Boot ROM Version: MM11.0055.B08
SMC Ver (Sys): 1.3f2 (is this the same SMC Firmware? If so, why is it newer than Ver 1.0?)

Thanks for any help, and apologies if this is in the wrong subsection.
If any more details are needed then I'm more than happy to post them.

rothux.j

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.