Brower Issues

Reaction score
There is one particular web page which, after i type my password and press "return", it suddenly goes to the last web page that I was viewing. I am not sure whether or not it is the site or a safari browser option that I may have inadvertently activated. Thanks for your help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
And I'm assuming it takes you back to the site without logging you in? Are you sure you entered your credentials correctly?

I would attempt to use another browser to log in, and if it works then we know it's something that Safari is doing. Try Google Chrome or Firefox. :)

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the diagnostic tip, I downloaded Opera and got onto the site without an issue. How do I diagnose and fix my problem with Safari?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It could very well be a Safari thing - each browser has it's own little idiosyncrasies when it comes to rendering and dealing with pages. It's possible that Safari is reading the re-direct incorrectly.

OP
R
Reaction score
The annoying thing is that I've never had an issue getting onto the site with Safari until last night. So i don't know what could have happened :(

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It's not a Safari idiosyncrasy then. Have you reset Safari (Safari > Reset Safari...)?

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you vansmith, that fixed my issues. I never even knew that a reset option was in the drop down menu. I probably would have tried it long before I bothered you guys with my problems :) Thanks again for your time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
vansmith got to it before I got back from school! ;) Glad to hear it was resolved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.