"No Wi-Fi"

Reaction score
Hello all, am having difficulty with my iPad 2, 64gb Wi-Fi, version 4.3.3. It started with the machine having difficulty seeing a WiFi signal (although I was in the same room with the router) then will only give me a "No Wi-Fi". It will not allow me to turn WiFi on or off (although Airplane mode is functional) and Bluetooth keeps searching even when right next to my MacBook (with Bluetooth turned on). So far I have re-booted the iPad, re-booted the router and modem, "Reset Network Settings" on the iPad, "Reset All Settings" on the iPad, and restored the iPad through iTunes. No joy. Before I reformat the iPad, has anyone seen this before and any suggestions? Thanks.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If it's having so many issues, it might be a hardware thing. You should take it to the Apple store and see what they say..

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks Raz0r, but I live in the British Virgin Islands, the closest Apple store is in Miami. Unfortunately taking it to a store is not an option.

Cheers

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Since you've done all the power-cycle and other simple remedies, definitely do a restore of the iPad to see if it will get it back to its senses..

Hopefully that takes care of it, but if it continues to have issues, you do have Applecare for the first year, so do call Apple up and see if they have anything else you can try and beyond that it might be a hardware issue and you might have to figure out how to get it replaced or sent off somewhere..

OP
R
Reaction score
Am going to do a complete "erase and start over" this evening, hopefully that ill be the cure. Have found quite a few people with the same problem on the Apple Support Forum but haven't had a chance to go through all the suggestions.

Appreciate your response, will see what happens.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Have you eliminated the router as the problem source?

Try it at SBUX or similar freebie wifi sources and see how it behaves.

OP
R
Reaction score
Have got the wifi back. Am not sure what it was that brought it back but what I did was... "Erase All Content and Settings". After that, I turned the machine off for overnight and the next morning I had a virgin iPad2 with wifi capabilities.

So, thanks for the suggestions, I'm done for now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.