Mac App Store Updates

Reaction score
Hi, recently my MacBook Pro had a heart attack and I had to reinstall Snow Leopard. It wouldn't boot (this is before I reinstalled Snow Leopard) so I backed up all of my files and Applications using Terminal. Now that the Mac is worling and I have set everything back up, including applications, the updates section in the App Store doesn't work, when I know that a few of them have an update. t just says "All apps are up to date". I go into the Purchases section and it has an option to update a few applications, but when click that it says that I must sign in to the account that I used to purchase the application (which I already am). I don't have enough bandwidth to download every application again (I have Xcode and 13 other games and 100mb apps). Can someone please help me with an alternative to downloading them all again?

Thanks,

Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Even if you "update" them you are still redownloading the app. Its just like iOS updates.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The updates will only work if the MAS installed an application. So, if you installed an app manually, it has to be updated manually.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.