Facetime: multiple Accounts on one Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I just got a new iMac and want to set up Facetime for me and my GF so we can chat while I'm out of town with her on my Mac at home and me on my iPad.

The problem is that I've set up my account on Facetime, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to set up another account for her on my Mac, or even a way for me to sign out of Facetime after I set up my account.

Anyone know if this is even possible? If I can't set up multiple accounts, does anyone at least know how to reset it so I can just set it for her?

Thanks.

EDIT: found it. I wanted to say how, but I honestly can't remember exactly. I'll have to wait for my GF to get home to make sure it worked, One thing is for sure, Apple didn't make this thing very user friendly when you want to go beyond a simple single account setup! This sort of thing should be an easy menu option or preference setting, but it's not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I just got a new iMac and want to set up Facetime for me and my GF so we can chat while I'm out of town with her on my Mac at home and me on my iPad.

The problem is that I've set up my account on Facetime, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to set up another account for her on my Mac, or even a way for me to sign out of Facetime after I set up my account.

Anyone know if this is even possible? If I can't set up multiple accounts, does anyone at least know how to reset it so I can just set it for her?

Thanks.

EDIT: found it. I wanted to say how, but I honestly can't remember exactly. I'll have to wait for my GF to get home to make sure it worked, One thing is for sure, Apple didn't make this thing very user friendly when you want to go beyond a simple single account setup! This sort of thing should be an easy menu option or preference setting, but it's not.

They're probably assuming you'd create a second user account on the machine and install Face Time there maybe?

C

chas_m

Each user on a Mac OS X system is supposed to have their own account. Thus, the apps would let each user set up their own account automatically. That's how you're supposed to use it (and frankly, I find this to be *incredibly wise advice* from Apple).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.