Word Envelope Printing

Reaction score
This is driving me a little crazy. I've been printing envelopes with pretty much no problems for years and years. Finally switching everything over to a new iMac (OS X 10.6.7) and shutting down the PC. Word 2008. The envelope I use doesn't show up on the list (6 3/4) so I created a custom envelope. Everything looks ok on the screen, print preview, etc but when I try to print I get a "short paper" error message on my Lexmark x24n. Prints fine on 8.5x11 sheet and lines up with where everything should be. I've tried tweaking the envelope dimensions and everything I can see. Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In Word 2008 and 2011 you can select the option to not use your printer setup for envelopes. Select create envelope, then at the bottom of the dialog where it says "Use custom settings......." check that box.

If your Lexmark has the ability to print a custom envelope it should work. You might also try the drop down selection when you send the envelope to the printer. There may be other options that your printer can use. And last of all, you may have to feed the envelope manually.

I don't know if you can override the "short paper" message or not as that's built into the printer firmware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.