• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Samsung's Head of Mobile: "We Didn't Copy Apple's Design"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Differentiating from Apple by offering different sizes? That has nothing to do with the "copying" aspect of this dilemma. 1 thing that always comes to mind when hearing Samsung's argument about their designs is that no one had a tablet design like the iPad 1 before it came out. After the iPad came out, there were numerous tablets with same physical feel. To say that they did not copy it would be a blatant lie, especially from a physical point of view. Another thing I noticed is the way the iPad edge bezel feels(outer rim along the screen edge). The iPad was me first real tablet, and I got accustomed to the way it felt, but holding an Android tablet at bestbuy made me realize it was the same design.

Sorry, one more thing. Stating that Android has anything good to do with their tablet is not really good, especially when chinese clone tablet all run some stupid version of Android.

Reaction score
At first I thought Apple was being a little unfair. After all, there is something to be said for the argument that a phone icon is going to look like a phone no matter who designs it, and that touch-screens are becoming standard components of modern mobile devices.

And then, yesterday I found myself sitting next to somebody with a Samsung phone. And the whole time I was thinking she had an iPhone. It wasn't until I made a suggestion that she should check something out on the App Store that she corrected me. I now understand just how close these devices are in form and in function, and agree that Apple has something here to protect. If I, a relatively savvy user, can make mistakes like this, so can LOTS of potential customers. Samsung needs to change it up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.