duplicate pictures in iphoto

Reaction score
I have amassed thousands of photos and now think I need to do a cull and tidy up. Joy!
Thing is, I have noticed a number of duplicate photos, which is strange because my computer usually gives me the option of not downloading duplicate images, but somehow these have squeezed in. (I think most of them seem to be ones I have downloaded from my phone for some reason)
Question is, is there a simple way of getting rid of all these.
And does anyone have any general tips on how to tidy up a few thousand photographs.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
C

chas_m

I'm going to get it myself but the question I have is, which duplicate will it keep if there's pics that have been renamed or have different sizes. Let me know if you find out!

It offers you a choice of which one to get rid of, or you can set it to automatically get rid of (example) the smaller or the two, or the JPG version of the two, or the whatever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
Nice one Chas, thanks - definitely worth getting. Hopefully I can use it on both my new and old Macbook.

Benjamin you're welcome, it's nice to be able to help somebody for once!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.