Help deciding on mini, or laptop

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Very new to Mac. Contemplating on buying one and trying to decide on either buying a mini or a MacBook. I plan on using it for the basics, email, browsing ..etc. But I also plan on developing some apps down the road for the iPad, and iPhone. Any help is most appreciated. Thanks every.

John

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
They are essentially the same thing. One just doesn't have the screen and keyboard built in.

I think you need to ask yourself if you need mobility or not. You can develop apps on pretty much almost any Mac.

OP
P
Reaction score
They are essentially the same thing. One just doesn't have the screen and keyboard built in.

I think you need to ask yourself if you need mobility or not. You can develop apps on pretty much almost any Mac.

This is true and your def right, they are the same thing except the mini has a bigger hard drive..... Not that much bigger but big enough. I am using the 64gig iPad right now for mobility so might be better off getting the mini. Thanks for the response, it made me do the comparison. Also loving this site, lots of good info.

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.