• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Never thought that i would say this but....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Nice... yes that is very old, but I have not seen it before, I wonder why he would say that about because it is in conflict with his own company, I mean your allowed to think the truth in the business world, but never say it. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Seen it... but is it real? It is on a jokes site....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
It was decades ago...back when the Macintosh was brand new and Windows was still a dream in his eye.

I believe this was part of a promotional effort run by Apple where large application companies announced their new Macintosh applications.

Back then, Microsoft would get a much bigger chunk of money selling one copy of Microsoft Office for Mac than it would from selling a copy of MS-DOS with a PC. Gates was then, as he is now, a shrewd businessman.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
my gosh you can see how old that is just by looking at how young gates looks.

he might still think that now the way that office 12 is going :p

A

AlexN

PowerBookG4 said:
I wonder why he would say that about because it is in conflict with his own company,

It was October 1983 for a TV commercial for the Mac, right before its launch. A TV commercial show called "Macintosh Software Dating Game" where Steve invited 3 top software companies bosses to sign the Mac praises. Bill Gates was one of them.

Get the "Triump of the Nerds" DVD if you're interested. It's very well documented and fun to watch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
This is even better. It shows Bill still has a sense of humor.

Reaction score
With all that money, he should still have a sense of humor. I bet he laughs all the way to the bank. ;) that was a film of a film, the audio was tough on this end

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
Another movie to watch that will explain the first video is Pirates of Silicon valley. Great movie.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.