iMac g4 display

Reaction score
Ok, so im not sure if anyone has ever done this and i cant find anyone online that has done it but, heres my situation. I was at the county dumps today and found an iMac g4. Im not sure if it works but i only want it to use the screen. Is there any possible way to modify it to were i can just use the screen as a display for my macbook pro? since i found it and didnt spend any money on it, i dont really care if i have to tear it apart to make it work. has anyone ever done this or anything similar to this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The easiest way to do that is to use ScreenRecycler

ScreenRecycler

OP
A
Reaction score
the only problem is im not even sure if the iMac works... it didnt come with a power cord so i have to either go buy one or make my own, and on the bottom it looks like the motherboard or whatever that board is called was cracked, so i need to figure out a way to re-wire it for just the screen, and some how get power to just the screen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.