Microsoft Word Problem - Layouts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13 Custom, iPhone 5, Apple TV
Hey guys,

Im having trouble with my Word 2008 layouts. Normally, as you will mostly know, down in the bottom left hand corner is a toolbar where you can switch through the layouts (notebook, print, full screen, etc.) However, that toolbar has dissappeared and it hasn't been removed because the area where it was is just a white patch - sort of like a glitch.

Has this happened to anyone else before. Or could you guys please let me know what i can do to fix this. I can just use the layout button at the top. But i just feel it's not working properly so I'd fix it.

Thanks heaps.

P.s. ill try and upload a picture of it to give you an idea. It's just at the bottom left where my mouse is. Not sure if you'll see it but thanks anyway! haha

Screen shot 2011-05-29 at 4.03.39 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Here's how to get it back:

Word -> Preferences -> View

Down at the bottom of the dialog box under "Window" place a check in the box that says "Status Bar". Click OK. And it will be back. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13 Custom, iPhone 5, Apple TV
Layout

Thank you!

it didn't detract from my work...just wanted it all to work.

Much appreciated.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.