Trojan

Reaction score
I'm computer illiterate, and I don't even know if I'm at the right place to ask about this problem.
Sophos this morning presented me with this

OSX/FakeAvDL-A, the problem I have is that I'm getting a sign telling me that the scan name can not contain "/" when I try to run a custom scan
What can I do? the re is a "/" after OSX please remember that I'm 68 years old, and computers are like bicycles, if you don't learn when young....you screw. I'm worst than dummy
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm computer illiterate, and I don't even know if I'm at the right place to ask about this problem.
Sophos this morning presented me with this

OSX/FakeAvDL-A, the problem I have is that I'm getting a sign telling me that the scan name can not contain "/" when I try to run a custom scan
What can I do? the re is a "/" after OSX please remember that I'm 68 years old, and computers are like bicycles, if you don't learn when young....you screw. I'm worst than dummy
Thanks in advance

Why are you trying to run a custom scan with the name of that trojan plugged in? I'm not familiar with Sophos, but if it alerted you that it found this trojan, then presumably it would have quarantined it.

OP
I
Reaction score
Why are you trying to run a custom scan with the name of that trojan plugged in? I'm not familiar with Sophos, but if it alerted you that it found this trojan, then presumably it would have quarantined it.
They are in quarantined now, but in order to delete I have to run a custom scan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
They are in quarantined now, but in order to delete I have to run a custom scan

Odd. Well try running the scan without the /. If that continues to give you trouble, I would seriously consider getting a different AV software package. That just sounds like a bug, or badly-written software from a company more accustomed to writing software for Windows.

OP
I
Reaction score
Odd. Well try running the scan without the /. If that continues to give you trouble, I would seriously consider getting a different AV software package. That just sounds like a bug, or badly-written software from a company more accustomed to writing software for Windows.

Thank you for your advice, did what you told me and worked

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
That be Sophos!

If you have not, give ClamXAV a try. There is also a version ClamWIN for Windows. Both are freeware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.