Help with cgi apache error

Reaction score
Hello.

I have recently been learning to write CGI scripts using PERL. I Have also just set up Apache on my mac.

I configured my httpd.conf file to allow CGI and PHP including doing the following to enable CGI scripts to run from my directory folder:

<Directory />
Options +ExecCGI
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Directory>

my server seems to be working alright, but the problem i am having is when i go to run some of my CGI scripts I get the following error:

[error] [client ::1] (2)No such file or directory: exec of '/Library/WebServer/Documents/projectthread/dynamic_form.cgi' failed,

[error] [client ::1] Premature end of script headers: dynamic_form.cgi,

I have been wondering if this is maybe a problem with the CHMOD settings of these files, or the fact that I wrote some of the code on a P.C. (not by choice) Have tried a few things but nothing seems to be working.

the CGI file I am trying to execute requires access to a cgi functions lib in a separate folder and also access to text files for reading and writing purposes.

If any body could offer any advice it would be much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.