Setting up an smpt server and sending mail on mac 10.3.9

Reaction score
I want to set up a smpt server and be able to send emails through my own computer. I am using mac 10.3.9 (old, i know) so if you want to give me a link to a tutorial, be sure that it is for mac 10.3 and not something newer. This may be a bit off topic for this topic, but i was unsure where to put it.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks, i followed the tutorial. But i am sort of a newbie at this stuff, so how do i send mail using the sendmail command?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
Not quite that simple. To run and enable your own mail server you need to have your own registered domain, a fixed ip address, dns servers, and finally your most likely going to have to contact your ISP to make sure they aren't blocking the ports you need. Most isp's will charge you for a fixed ip address as they tend to frown on people running servers on their networks.

OP
G
Reaction score
I dont care if i can recieve emails (that is what i would need all that for), you did not answer my question. How do i SEND an email from the terminal using the sendmail command?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
OP
G
Reaction score
I allready looked at the man page, it was non-informative to me. Something else please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
If you're confused by the man pages, I'm at a loss as to why you'd be wanting to send mail from the command line. However, google unix mail and perhaps someone will have written a howto.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.