So many photo albums to choose from ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
I am trying to update my Web Site, it hasnt been done for years so it is a bit old fashioned and my aim has changed enormously over the years, i would like to find a smart looking Photo Album that is easy to set up and looks gorgeous despite having crap photos in it to view LOL.

I have been thinking of JAlbum or maybe Picasa, i havent yet found any easy to use and set-up Java Script or PHP modules, i am using Dreamweaver but i still cant find any widgets that i like .....

So perhaps i will never find EXACTLY what i want/need, i shall have to make a compromise unless somebody here has a helpfull suggestion.

Of course i am quite prepared to use iWeb if/when i get the hang of it !.

Tim

C

chas_m

I think you are talking about online photo galleries, yes?

If so, there are a lot of options out there, but for drop-dead simple and yet beautiful, I haven't seen anything that beats my MobileMe galleries.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
I think you are talking about online photo galleries, yes?

If so, there are a lot of options out there, but for drop-dead simple and yet beautiful, I haven't seen anything that beats my MobileMe galleries.

Thanks for that buddy, it looks as if it is good as you say it has got to be worth £59 !!!!

I will sign up for a free trial to start with for sure, thanks :)

tim

C

chas_m

Here, have a look at one of my galleries:

MobileMe Gallery

There are options for different presentation styles on the bottom left of the page, and bg colour and size controls on the bottom right.

I love MobileMe, but that's because I use its other features as well rather fully so for me it's a good value. If you want to JUST set up a photo gallery and don't need the other features, you might want to look at something like Flickr Pro ($25 per year) -- not quite as elegant but more than does the job, and has other advantages too.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Wow thanks for that buddy, that looks really good, thanks for sharing it with me.

I did have a go with MobileMe but i found rather too complicated for me LOL.

But of course i can see that it is very good, but think i would not even scratch the surface of it's possibilities, i shall try Flickr Pro now, thanks, i only really need a Photo Gallery, cheers

tim

C

chas_m

You can try Flickr for galleries without paying anything, so do that first. Flickr free offers a certain amount of storage, probably more than enough for a few (dozen) galleries for the average person.

Flickr Pro offers unlimited storage and no ads and a few other niceties.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hi chas_m thanks for your continued efforts in trying to sort me out, summat my missus tells me is nigh impossible LOL.

I do believe i have eventually found an online album that i can get on with, in fact it is something i mentioned in my original question JALBUM

I wont mind if you have a look at what i believe is my final chosen layout, with this Album i can use my own Web Space as well.

Home Page @ EQUINUTZ.CO.UK is the original i created many many years ago with text links, the album, when you click on the links was again using Jalbum.

Equinutz is the new much more modern creation i created with Jalbum yesterday, using all the original folders and pictures of my original.

Thanks again chas_m you dont know it, but you have given me a lot of inspiration with my Photo Album project

tim

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
ok buddy thanks, i am still leaning towards Jalbum, it is much easier to use than Flickr ever was .......

tim

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
:Blushing::Blushing::Blushing:

tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.