Delivery times

J

Joolz34

Hi not sure if this is the right place for this thread but if not could a mod move it please?

I just wanted ask those of you in Europe who ordered a BTO powerbook from apple how long your powerbooks took to come through?

I ordered mine a month ago now, and still no sign of it, unfortunately as I ordered it from a licensed reseller and not apple directly I dont have the apple tracking number. The company is quite helpful though and responds to all my questions etc quite quickly. When I asked the, what was taking so long they said that Apple usually just takes a while to ship stuff especially BTO and a similar config to mine took over 6 weeks to come.

Have any of you had similar experiences? What kind of delivery times did you get?

Many thanks,

Joolz

OP
S

sursuciofla

If it hasn't shipped yet then I'd just cancel that order and buy from Apple. BTO only should put at max a weeks more time on your order. I BTO my iBook from Apple and got it at my house in less than a week. i think that company you are dealing with is full of poo. Six weeks is crazy, to not even have it shipped yet. Just order direct from Apple.

I am not in Europe so I don't know but it still sounds shady to me.

OP
J

Joolz34

I know it may sound dodgy, but they are official apple dealers and Ive bought stuff from them before, ipods, accessories etc, without any problems. At the moment now its been 4 weeks since I ordered the laptop... :(

Reaction score
move on to another company cancel with them and go with Apple.........thats whatI'd do........ thats bologna

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
BTO Macs always take longer to ship, that is a given. Shipping a BTO Mac to somewhere in Europe is going to take even longer, and having something come through a third party reseller is always going to lengthen the time even more.
Still, 4 weeks is starting to push it. You do have a benchmark of 6 weeks that the retailer told you. So, until you reach 6 weeks you are technically fine. If you go over 6 weeks, then I would start to really complain.

OP
J

Joolz34

Thanks a lot for the responses guys, I just wish it would get here already...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
That is completely ridiculous for it to have taken that long. I got my Powerbook less than a week after I ordered it, and it was right after the new models came out, so they were under high demand. Now take into account mine was pretty much the standard model, 17" Powerbook with 512mb ram (I later installed more), but it shouldn't add more than a week to your order. But, I bought mine directly from Apple. I'd be *****ing (female dog+ing) at that company every day on the phone. And don't talk to just the typical phone "lackeys" who you talk to first, talk to the supervisors, let the company know you're serious.

OP
J

Joolz34

Hey guys, I spoke to the manager today, and also sent him a letter stating that I was not satisfied with their service and unless they gave me a concrete date I was going to cancel the order. Needless to say they have now gave me a date next week which I plan to hold them too, and if it doesnt arrive I'l cancel the order. Im hoping it will be as they say though, if not though I will be going to the UK in 2 weeks so I will pick one up from the apple store there, Id still like the same kind of config though, does anyone know how long it takes buying directly from the store?

OP
J

Joolz34

Just thought Id give you guys an update, the store let me down again with the delivery date and as I will be in England next week, I decided to give the apple store in Brimingham a call to see what they would have available.
The short version is that they will have a powerbook with the specs I order from the other company ready for me to pick up on Wednesday and its also 200 GBP cheaper than buying it here.
Needless to say I cancelled the order with the other company. :)
The funny part is right after placing the order via the apple store, the other company sent an email saying my notebook would arrive next week but there was a slim chance it would be delayed possibly two more...
I just hope that the apple store will have it for me as they said, Im really looking forward to getting it now after a month of waiting.

Take care all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Glad you finally got it all sorted out! That company didn't deserve your business anyways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Kinda off topic, but what's BTO?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Begin Time Option
Big Time Operator
Blanket Travel Order
Black Tie Only

Just playing, in this case it means what was stated earier. ;) :p

Build/Built To Order

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.