keyboard/trackpad/super driveacting up?

Reaction score
hello
have a 2006 macbook pro. in the last few months it has been acting up.
the \ key does not work most of the time. when typing if i hit the P 0 - / ; or enter keys the \ key will type randomly
ie p\\\\\\
also when put to sleep or close screen the superdrive seems to be engaging over and over every 15 seconds or so.
also occasionally the left speaker will beep very quickly, as if a key somewhere is pressed. if any key hit this will stiop
lastly as i am on the computer for over 30 minutes the trackpad seems to become slightly sluggish and occasionally the mouse has a mind of its own?
any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Was any liquid spilled into your MBP at any time? Just curious.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Only reason I asked is those Symptoms are often related to that kind of accident happening.

Since other keys are acting up, I wonder if also the Eject key is sticking and causing the Superdrive to keep trying to eject the Disk? Do you ever see the Eject symbol appear on the screen when the drive is accessing?

Whatever happened, it sure seems like a keyboard issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.