Iphone 4 video out -Truck deck screen

Reaction score
hey, i have an alpine ixa-w404 head unit in my truck and a jailbroken iphone 4. I was wondering if there was a way that i could get my navigon app to show up on my decks screen in my truck. i have screensplitr, displayout, tvout2 already on my iphone but i cant seem to get them to work. maybe i am doing something wrong or maybe its not possible. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
hey, i have an alpine ixa-w404 head unit in my truck and a jailbroken iphone 4. I was wondering if there was a way that i could get my navigon app to show up on my decks screen in my truck. i have screensplitr, displayout, tvout2 already on my iphone but i cant seem to get them to work. maybe i am doing something wrong or maybe its not possible. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't imagine it would be possible. I don't even see where the Alpine unit is capable of accepting video inputs. Actually the manual does reference support for something called a USB-Video box, but they don't even appear to make anything like that.

OP
S
Reaction score
well i know that it plays video from my iphone cuz i have done it before. and ive heard of lots of people getting there navigon app to play on there alpine HU just seeing if anyone has done it with the HU that i got.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
well i know that it plays video from my iphone cuz i have done it before. and ive heard of lots of people getting there navigon app to play on there alpine HU just seeing if anyone has done it with the HU that i got.

Well playing videos is one thing. That unit has full iPhone integration and allows playback from the iPod app. But cloning the display from other apps is another issue entirely. Maybe it'd work via this USB-Video box that the manual references, but I can't even find any such product. Hopefully someone else will come along who knows something more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.