New 2011 iMac sluggish

Reaction score
Long story short:

Just had a power outage.
Mac cut off.
Turned Mac back on.
Started Firefox.
EXTREMELY sluggish performance.
Safari is much better but something still doesn't feel right.
Tried reinstalling Firefox, no luck. Firefox freezes and won't close unless it is forced.

Any ideas guys? Why would Firefox all of a sudden turn rotten just because of a little power outage?

Mind you, I have no surge protection or anything at the moment but I have just ordered an APC 1000w UPS backup unit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 27 iMac 2.93
Well, since you just bought it, you could take advantage of the warranty still on the machine and return it for a free repair. Better to have them check it for any hardware problems before the warranty runs out and it just dies on you, it makes for a expensive paper weight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo - eMac 1.42 GHz (RIP) - iMac G3 400 MHz - iPad 2 16GB
Reaction score
Moved to Spain in 2000 after enforced early retire
Your Mac's Specs
iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
I bought a new iMac 27"with i5 a couple of weeks back and it runs like Lightning on everything.

Why not simply uninstall Firefox - and download a new program ?

Hope your power cut didn't lead to a surge when it came back though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.