• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's iCloud music service to scan, mirror iTunes libraries

Reaction score
Apple's iCloud music service to scan, mirror iTunes libraries

Sources allege that the much-rumored streaming music service from Apple will scan users' iTunes libraries and mirror them in the cloud, but it reportedly won't be free.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

Reaction score
So...does this mean iPods will have some sort of cloud feature? (Or any iDevice running iOS...)

And the big question: will I have to pay $99 just to use "iCloud" or will this be cheaper? For music, I'd imagine it is cheaper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Sounds like a great feature to add to MobileMe....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Audiogalaxy is free if all you want/need is to mirror your entire collection. Playback quality is great, too. And I'm not sure as to whether or not the iTunes Cloud service requires wifi, but AG works with mobile data connections such as 3 and 4g as well as wifi. I'm not sure that I see an advantage in using a paid for cloud service, aside from the fact that it will automatically add music to your cloud collection after you purchase it.

Edit: Plus, how do they plan on accounting for the measly data plans which have been forced upon people by the telecoms ? Not enough bandwidth.. not enough data in a plan. Sounds silly the more I think about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.