Ilife 2011 Running Package Scripts

Reaction score
OK so I just picked up the new Ilife 11 for my wife. She loves I photo. Anyhow, when I do the install everything runs fine until the last 90% it says about one minute remaining (or something to that nature) and says running package scripts. I left it like that for almost 2 hours and it didnt budge. The os didnt freeze it just wouldnt go any farther. I restard and everything. I also read somewhere someone said to run repair disk, good thing because I had some errors that needed fixing. Installed again, nothing. Any ideas folks?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How did you run repair disk? And did you keep running it until all errors were cleared?

OP
K
Reaction score
HDD/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
Select the Hard Disk
Clicked Verify, saw in excess of 50 errors,
Repaired,
Ran verify again, clean scan,
Restart

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
HDD/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
Select the Hard Disk
Clicked Verify, saw in excess of 50 errors,
Repaired,
Ran verify again, clean scan,
Restart

Are you referring to your internal hard drive? If you are, you can not run Disk Utility to repair the drive while it's mounted. You have to boot the machine with your install recovery DVD and run Disk Utility from the DVD.

OP
K
Reaction score
brilliant, worked perfectly, now I cant software update lol, maybe i need to upgrade my macbook? :0 IT says it loses the internet

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.