• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Looking to buy EASY to use video camera to use with new mac

Reaction score
Hi all, new forum member here. I have a mac mini running OSX Snow Leopard and I am looking to buy a new video camera to catch kids sports/activities and I want it to be EASY to use and the best quality I can get within reason. I have a 6 year old Hitachi DVD-Cam, but it is horrible to get video off of, so I don't use it much. I am also not even sure if I can get the video off of my disks onto my mac.

Any help, much appreciated.

Thanks, Brent

Reaction score
Brent:

I had the same trouble with a Panasonic VDR. Am still using it because despite the hoops one has to jump through, the results are outstanding after I learned to live with hoop jumping.

I just got a Fuji with video capabilities (HD 1020) and nothing can be simpler than taking a video: It goes onto the SD card and you download it to your iPhoto or Mac Picasa as if it were a still.

You have to use the USB cable that comes with the camera (model Finepix S1600). Check it out at about $ 150.-

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.