Printer buying

Reaction score
I'm fed up with my HP C4780 printer to the point that I'm ready to buy a new one. The wireless function stops working every few weeks...I can't deal with fighting with it anymore. Anyone have any advice on a reliable wireless printer, scanner, copier to work with the Mac OS X? I don't put heavy demands on it, only light printing, occasional pictures (but again, not a ton). The HP C4780 sucked up ink, so I'm also looking for something with better ink yield. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Read the reviews of the Brother and Epson brands, and don't turn your nose up at the prospect of a Lexmark.

Since wireless printing is a problem, you should probably avoid Canon as well, reports in this forum suggest all is not well with their w/less functions. Oddly perhaps, Apple NZ lists the HP brand in their recommended printers with new Mac computers.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The printer I have is actually the one that was available with a rebate when I purchased my Macbook from Apple.

FYI, I'm running a Macbook OS X Version 10.6.7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
You may want something that has e-print capability if printing from an iPad is in your future.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.