Desperatly need help with app -- appdefender

Reaction score
Hi, I downloaded a free trial of appdefender lite and set up an easy password with 123 with a hint of # to try it out and protected on app. The password worked once. Now the program will not allow this password and just shows the hint of . I have been trying to contact the company for a week now without success. There are no words for such bad customer service!!! What if I just uninstall the app, will it harm the app that is still connected with it as well as the contents of that app. Did anyone else experienced such a problem with this app? Please help. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you downloaded a trial version, chances are it turned itself off. Their web site says it will turn itself off every 30 minutes during the trial period - until you pay for it and register it.

To be honest, AppDefender looks like junk-ware to me. The write up on their site isn't even done in good English. I would just completely remove it from your machine. I see no need for something like that anyway.

OP
M
Reaction score
First I thought so too, but so far it has not tured itself off. I thought that I would have access to the protected program again when that happens and get it out of there. The strange thing is, even though it is protected I can-thankfully-still open the protected program. I just don't know what will happen if I need to restart my computer or if I uninstall it if it removes the contents stored in the protected program. I don't want to loose that data. I got it to protect applications like mail to protect my emails which I cannot seem to export from mail itself in order to save them in a folder that I can protect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Did an uninstaller come with the proigram you downloaded? Have a look in the folder and if there run that. Otherwise download utility such as AppTrapp which is freeware, install it, then drag AppDefender to the Trash.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for your help I unistalled it. It came with a uninstaller. Cleanmymac that I usually use could not do it for some reason. I even checked with apple after hearing about the Mac defender scam to see if they were connected. Don't use the app it's junk and does not do what it is supposed to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.