Email address change

Reaction score
I changed to MAC a year or so ago. No regrets, but I do have a problem I'd like to solve. I've noticed that my MAC seems to think I have a certain email address (when trying to set up a reminder in iCal for example). This was indeed the email address I had when I bought the MAC but it has since changed.
How do I change the email address that my MAC has registered somewhere?
I'm using OS X 10.5.8 and I don't use Mail, if that helps.
Hmm...that reminds me I have an issue with Mail too but first things first.
Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
So, if I understand this correctly. You had a previous email address, that you set in iCal. Now you don't use that address and while you've changed the email address for the reminder in iCal it keeps sending to that address?

If that's the case, here's what you do. Delete your address entry (My Card) from address book. Restart. Check iCal and you'll see reminders have no email addresses. Create a new address book entry, and make it "My Card'. Restart again. iCal should now show the email addresses from the new card for your reminders.

Reaction score
Not to quibble, but is it even a nickname anymore? I just took a look at Apple's site, and can't find a single mention of Macintosh. I'm thinking, these days, the Mac stands alone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC - Media Access Control

It's a sublayer of the Data Link Layer (which is a layer of the OSi model, layer 2 to be precise). To those of us who deal with such protocols it can be sometimes too easy to read the acronym and assume things. Which can, sometimes, be confusing.

On and all the Macs on the apple site are listed under 'Mac' ;) So yes, it would seem that Macintosh is deprecated. Of course..

so is Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice.

Apple Style Guide pg 111 said:
Mac, Macintosh Use Mac or Macintosh to describe Apple computers and related
products. Mac is the preferred term to describe Apple products: Mac computer, the Mac,
your Mac, Mac users, the Mac platform, for Mac and Windows, Mac-compatible products.

Awesome catch schweb!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.