Outlook 2011 Problem

Reaction score
I've been using outlook 2011 (version 14.1.0) for months now but it has suddenly stopped opening.
I can still see the application file on my hard drive but it won't open. I have tried downloading the latest update but on instillation it says; "a version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume". All of my other Office 2011 applications are still working. I no longer have the CD so can't reinstall. please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Where is your install disc?? Sure hope you aren't asking for help with pirated software.

OP
I
Reaction score
it was one of the 3 macs / 3 users office packages and one of the others lost the CD.
surely there is some way i can figure out what my subscription key / licence number is from one of my other office 2011 applications and re-install outlook from somewhere other than the CD.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm going to assume you have a legal licensed copy and that the original copy of Office 2011 was a 3x copy. (Family pack)

Note that the Family pack has only one product key in the box but that key can be used and activated 3 times. Download the following free utility from this LINK.

Note that even if you do find the product key it may not activate if it has already been used 3 times. You may have to call MS and obtain a new key.

OP
I
Reaction score
thanks. i found my product ID from my MS Word and MS Excel. Is there now some way for me to re-install outlook as a legitimate copy using the product key, without the CD?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes there is. Download the trial copy of Office 2011 from Microsoft (the one that contains Outlook), install it, and then activate it with your product key. Or as an alternative, borrow a copy of Office 2011 from a friend and use that CD to install, and then activate it with your product key. Remember, the version has to be the same.

A third method is to call MS and tell them you lost the disk and ask to send you another. They will send you a disk without the product key. Will probably cost around $10 or so.

OP
I
Reaction score
Mac support helped me out. It was an issue with a corrupted Office 2011 Identity. I moved the Identities folder to the desktop and office will now start up. I just have to re setup my email accounts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.