Picture Converting trouble

Reaction score
so i took some pictures of my friends while on ichat
the "kind" is picture clipping and facebook wont let me upload it. sometimes the mac says .tiff too
i tried to just change extension to .jpg and .jpeg but it still wouldnt work the kind still read picture clipping even when i manually changed extension name
the automator app made things worse it managed to not convert any of my pictures to JPEG and delete random pictures too.

i just want to know how to convert multiple files to jpeg whether by using automator or any other type of app

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Changing the extension doesn't actually convert something (as you've found out). Open that picture in Preview and then save it as a different file from there.

OP
W
Reaction score
1) i tried to open it in preview and it wouldnt take open so i couldnt save it as something else

2) i used that same process the automator i didnt convert anything

the file extension for my pictures is .pictClipping

ive never seen it on a pc and its the one giving me trouble

OP
W
Reaction score
^^ awesome it works! thanks alot
if only i could do this with multiple pictures at one time
oh well im good for now at least

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.