Syncing across multiple computers

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a iMac and iPad currently and a pc for work. I will be receiving a mac pro for work here shortly and Id like to sync the new pro with my iMac at home for address book and what not, then moving forward I'd like to sync my iPad between both as I use it for work and pleasure, is that possible or will I need two separate iTunes accounts?

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Apples MobileMe service will sync you Address book, Mail Accounts, Bookmarks and calendars across multiple Apple devices. There are various free alternatives but as I understand it none of them have the polish or integration that Apples MM service does.

MM is $99/year but can be found cheaper on Amazon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" Imac, 3.06 ghz and 13" MBP
Ditto sync

I still find it hard to believe no one has come up with a way to sync desktop to laptop effectively. What is available is limited to very limited and unless all you are wanting to sync is email, bookmarks and calendars, they are useless. I want to be able to work in Pages, Numbers, Word, Excel, CSx and most anything else and be able to sync it from/to MBP and from/to Imac with the latest revision to any file being updated to both.
I am mobile most of the time, but like the imac when in the home or office but seldom use either because of the time/effort to transfer the files.
Just a rant. Pay no attention.

Reaction score
Look into Dropbox, if you just need to sync various files across multiple computers.

OP
J
Reaction score
Apples MobileMe service will sync you Address book, Mail Accounts, Bookmarks and calendars across multiple Apple devices. There are various free alternatives but as I understand it none of them have the polish or integration that Apples MM service does.

MM is $99/year but can be found cheaper on Amazon.

What about syncing iTunes to my iPad to my work machine for work and home machine for personal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.