Logic Board Replace

Reaction score
I have a Macbook 2.16ghz 17" and have been offered a macbook 17" 2.5mhz motherboard. will the 2.5 fit straight in the case of the 2.16 or are the fittings different?

Both are the silver keyboard models. Not sure if the later models had different ports.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have a Macbook 2.16ghz 17" and have been offered a macbook 17" 2.5mhz motherboard. will the 2.5 fit straight in the case of the 2.16 or are the fittings different?

Both are the silver keyboard models. Not sure if the later models had different ports.

I checked...and the ports appear to be the same on both of those logic boards...but that doesn't guarantee that they are swappable.

Unless you can find info on the internet where someone has actually & successfully did the swap...it may be an experiment. If the 2.5ghz logic board is cheap...give it a try.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
are they the same generation.. aka both MPB 4,1 or somthing? If so I think it will work. If not sometimes they move a couple plugs around and stuff which might make it sketchy.

Try to look very closely at ifixit guides and try to see if their are differences.

p.s. and I hop that second logic board is 2.5ghz not mhz.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.