Final Cut Studio 5

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need to know how to verify whether I have an academic license or not. How would I confirm this without an install having only the box, discs and serial number paperwork. Where specifically in the serial number or box etc would we look.

Thanks.

peace
mgh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Did you not get it from a store? The only way I have seen this type of question come up was when the software was not purchased legally. Not that you didn't get it legally.

If you are near an Apple Store, you could go in and ask them.

OP
M
Reaction score
Academic or not?

It being purchased by mail "used" and I need to verify that it's non-academic to qualify for upgrade to the full Studio 7... BEFORE I purchase it.

Completely legal... any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Generally, no. There is a fine line. Without a good quality photo of the box and disk? Just sound's bad to me.

OP
M
Reaction score
Appreciate your help... but there must be some way, like a distinction in the serial number? The seller has searched the box and CD's plus "Installing your software" license card and it does not say Academic anywhere. I have been able to confirm that previous versions of FCS that are academic say academic pretty clearly but I haven't been able to confirm how to verify FCS 5 from a visual. It's only been about an hour I've been researching - and I type slowly ;-) - but I would love to get this shipped today.

I'll call local Apple store too but if anyone else knows for sure that would be cool.

Thanks

peace
mgh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.