Can I color the apple logo?

Reaction score
I've seen this done on many macbooks but I can't find how to do it on my spring 2009 macbook (aluminum uni-body). Can it be done?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's next to impossible on the unibody designs. With the plastic MacBook it's a simple task of removing the plastic top and taping a colored piece of thin paper underneath the logo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
It's next to impossible on the unibody designs. With the plastic MacBook it's a simple task of removing the plastic top and taping a colored piece of thin paper underneath the logo.

Is it not the same procedure for the unibodys just slightly more involved taking the glass off?

Also people make stickers to put on the outside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You have to take the glass off the front and remove the entire LCD assembly just to reach the logo. I should rephrase my original statement to it being next to impossible for the average user. It's not quite as daunting a task with the plastic Macbooks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
You have to take the glass off the front and remove the entire LCD assembly just to reach the logo. I should rephrase my original statement to it being next to impossible for the average user. It's not quite as daunting a task with the plastic Macbooks.

With the plastic ones dont you still have to remove the LCD? I actually like removing the glass better because it alway goes back on nicely unlike the plastic.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'd say if you're really good about staying within the lines when you're coloring, a Sharpie ought to do the trick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.